21 April 2007

I will sing of Your lovingkindness and of Your righteousness

I HAVE FRIENDS AGAIN!!!!

That is to say, I can finally wear my friendship bracelets once more. I'd taken them off as to avoid their destruction in the pottery, but since this was our last week for wet clay, this is no longer a threat to their existence. I delight in them so much, just thinking of the individuals who made them for me. What a task! To choose colours that represent a friend. ♥ Here are the colours my friends chose:

Megeggan: brown, green, white
Ellen Melon: 'camo' colours; and the second one is 2 shades of green & beige & cream in little ICTUS shapes!
Liz: same colours as Meggegan, different pattern, and with a foam fishie!
K. Seiverling: red, light orange, yellow, & flesh tone
Steph Stroup: exact same colour scheme in a different order [gotta love those LT girls]
Alicia: hot pink, purple & blue
BEN-NETT: morphing green [light to dark], red, yellow; with ventilation slits
Kayla: green & pink
The Sauce: grey & butter yellow
Wallace: red, yellow, orange
Charity: orange, yellow, bright green
Harrison: tan & red
These two have sadly not withstood my roughness, so Chair & Harrison, send me a new one!

This excites me to the possibility of aquiring more of these in the summer. I can't wait for the outdoor, loving, person-space-invading, living-with community of the girls at camp.



However, that's not to say that that's not developing here as well. I've loved growing in relationships with the lovely ladies of the Chris House in the past few weeks. I'm glad that I spend time there; it seems as though when I don't get sufficient Bible/prayer/God communication time in the mornings, I can pop in there after class. It's so good to have that pocket of Christian community in the middle of a secular and crazy campus.

Today there was a fire drill in response to a "bomb scare" at RACC that referenced Kutztown. AND some crazy guy was prancing around the NASA base in Houston with a gun. Of course, all this happens 8 years after the Columbine shooting and on Hitler's birthday and on POT DAY as Kathy keeps reminding us... This world is ridiculous. I can't wait for the King to come back and really clean up our mess. At least His creation out in the pure wilderness is still good.




No comments: